- A graduate of the French Ministry of Culture and Communication
- Member of the Swiss Association of Dance Professionals - Danse Suisse -
A life dedicated to ballet
I started ballet at the age of four years with my mother. I left very early the south of France to become a little rat of the Opera of Paris and then became a student of The National Conservatory of Music and Dance in Paris ... a more demanding standard of training.
At eighteen, I signed my first contract with the Royal Ballet of Flanders. I spent three years in Belgium. The ten most exciting years of my career began when I was hired by Heinz Spoerli at the Deutsche Oper am Rhein Dusseldorf. I worked on ballets from the biggest international choreographers Maurice Béjart, Nils Christie, Merce Cunningham, William Forsythe, Jiří Kylián, Rudolf Nureyev, Twyla Tharp, Hans Van Manen, Mats Ek. A real privilege!
In 1996, Heinz Spoerli asked me to follow him to the Zurich Opera House, where he was appointed director. I stayed with him until 2004. Here are a few shows that I remember with more emotion:
- The Goldberg Variations by JS Bach at the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow
- Romeo and Juliet in Tokyo with Tetsuya Kumakawa, principal dancer of the Royal Ballet in London
- The inauguration of the Tate Museum in London
- The performance of the Goldberg Variations of JS Bach in Zurich September 11, 2001 ...
- Not to mention the famous new years ball in Vienna!
Dance is a school of life
I opened the Maxyna dance school in 2006 in Zurich in order to share my passion for movement with students of all ages, from beginners to advanced.
A little confidence? Before the show that I organize at the end of each school year, I am especially nervous just as when I was on stage myself!
I teach in French, German and English.